VST Instrument plugin
VSTSID, as its name implies, is the VST equivalent of WebSID, ported by popular request of those who wish to use the arpeggiated Commodore 64 sound within the comforts of their DAW.
The instrument features:
- Full ADSR envelope control
- Controllable filter cutoff and resonance
- LFO to modulate the filter
- Ring modulator for more abstract sound sculpting
All module parameters are fully automatable for maximum flexibility. To get the archetypical Commodore 64 sound, VSTSID will arpeggiate chords when playing 3 or more notes simultaneously. The arpeggiators speed is synced to the tempo of the host for rock solid patterns.
The archive contains both VST2 and VST3 plugins for macOS (10.10/Yosemite and higher)and Windows (7 and up).
- Installation instructions are provided inside the archive's README file. Note macOS users should be aware of possible Gatekeeper issues.
- Linux packages are currently not provided, though you can build from source.